Voice Core Program Manager
Voice Core Program Manager who has E2E project delivery experience gained in a telecoms environment, preferably in Voice Core, Fixed Transmission Networks and/or mobile operator environment. Must have working experience and knowledge of Mobile telecoms core networks of 2G, 3G and 4G and IT systems. The role will have scope to work remotely but all candidates must be prepared to work in Reading/Slough whenever required by the role.
Manage a diverse programme of Legacy Voice Core projects and smaller changes on our clients' core network and associated connectivity. Involves new build work, upgrades, decommissioning and recovery of Legacy platforms, plus their associated network element management systems.
- Lead, engage & motivate a team of approximately 5 Project Managers and 3 Delivery Managers.
- Deliver multiple customer projects and work requests, typically 15+, running in parallel.
- Develop team skills & source appropriate resources to meet customer demand.
- Manage the successful delivery of rolling Year and Quarter plans for the Customer programmes.
- Manage the Impact Assessment Process for all new Work Requests received from the programme within the agreed SLA.
- Ensure Projects are delivered in accordance with customer project methodologies as required.
- Build and maintain professional & open relationships with the customer
- Actively participate in Customer Project Steering calls and Programme reporting meetings & calls.
- Develop & maintain processes & procedures for all activities within the domain and interfaces to other managed service domains (planning and operations teams).
- Drive continuous improvements to the quality and efficiency of delivery
- Produce Key Measures and other data as appropriate to measure the delivery of Projects
- Produce & present regular reports to internal & Customer management
- Actively participate in the service management team, taking shared responsibility with other managers to successfully deliver & improve the overall customer SLAs.
- Ensure all customer work requests/changes are documented & agreed with the customer and that all work done is recorded for audit purposes.
Experience and qualifications
- 3 years experience of team leadership
- 3 years experience of delivering technical telecoms projects and programmes.
- Good high level understanding and working knowledge of mobile Voice Core Networks including IMS
- Good high level knowledge of telecoms networks and associated OSS and IT systems.
- Good high level knowledge of the telecoms technologies in Core network, Transmission and the Radio Access Network.
- Experience of working across a complex organisation with an ability to develop forward plans and continuously achieve high performance
- Successful at developing and managing relationships across organizational levels.
- Able to win the trust of customers in challenging and changing circumstances.
- Experience working with Telefonica preferable but not essential.
- Experience of management of third party relationships.
- Excellent Office IT and communication skills.
- Relevant University Degree and membership of professional organisation is desirable.
- Driving License valid for the UK.