IT Security Analyst - PCI, ISO 27001, Network, Firewalls, Cloud, Azure
IT Security Analyst, Information Security, PCI, ISO 27001, Network, Firewalls, Cloud, Azure
Our client is looking for an IT Security Analyst to provide technical leadership to their IT Security function, provide technical security expertise to internal customers and assurance that security standards and guidelines are followed, in line with industry best practices, eg ISO 27001.
About this role
This role involves the technical management of the company's IT Security controls, it is hands on and as part of the IT Security team, will be responsible for many aspects of the day to day running of the security function. These will include ensuring that the security systems and infrastructure are managed securely, by monitoring, oversight of changes and management of incidents.
You will work closely with IT Architects, Service delivery teams and the business teams to ensure that we maintain the levels of security of IT infrastructure and application systems while allowing changes and improvements to IT services.
The ideal candidate will have good organisational and influencing skills and will be a solutions orientated individual who is particularly skilled in network security, Firewall management, log monitoring and application vulnerability testing. In addition has an excellent working knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment, compliance, data leakage prevention etc.
- Competent technical proficiency with security-related systems and applications, especially Firewalls, Network access security, Remote access security, VPN and Wireless security Access Control, Authentication, Data security, Email Security, Intrusion detection
- Experienced in configuring security systems and be highly competent in the analytical, problem management and reporting aspects of the position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to mentor junior staff
- Knowledge and experience of working within a PCIDSS, FCA and DPA/GDPR framework
- High energy level and ability to pragmatically drive all types of issues through to completion
- Experience in implementing and managing the controls for an ISO27001 ISMS, focusing on process documentation and development
- Experience conducting risk assessments
- Recognised industry qualifications (CompTIA Security+ etc)