We are seeking an experienced UX UI Designer to join JP Morgan in Bournemouth on an initial 6 months contract with a view to extending and potentially going permanent longer term. You must be a creative thinker who has the confidece to liaise with senior stakeholders and chalenge ideas.
Due to the pandemic, you will be required to work from home until further notice, using your own device so please ensure you are able to commit to this before applying. Longer term there will be the opportunity to work from home a few days per week.
This is an opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic UX/UI Designer to become part of an exciting and fast-moving global organization. You will enjoy frequent interactions with users, regular communications with stakeholders, and be an active player in a flourishing in-house design and UX community.
Working across the full product development life cycle for multiple lines of business, you will be exposed to a variety of exciting challenges, co-creating in a coalition of contributors to design, prototype and test the optimal experience for our users.
You will collaborate closely with agile product development teams, business analysts and software engineers - translating business objectives into actionable models through the use of a best practice UX methodology that begins and ends with the user.
Who you are:
Someone who is self-motivated and wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You will be experienced, under no-illusions about the challenge and complexity of a global organisation, but resolute in embodying the change you want to see as part of a team of design-thinkers who support one-another.
What we're looking for:
- Academic and/or applied knowledge in one or more related areas such as Visual Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, Design Research, Strategy.
- A clear and strong understanding of UX methodologies.
- An ability to empathise and translate business problems and user needs into exceptional experiences and compelling UIs.
- Excellent communication and organization skills - able to explain potentially complex workflows or solutions in a style appropriate to the audience.
- Strong design skills and a creative thinker with an awareness of design trends.
- A collaborative mindset.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products, Sketch, InVision, Axure and/or other wireframing and prototyping tools.
- Experience in developing personas, user story maps, process flows, low/high fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes (using industry standard tools).
Nice to haves:
- Strong project and people management skills.
- A strong speaker and presenter.
- Experience in creating and leveraging design guidelines/pattern libraries.
- Experience in working in Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience in facilitating or assisting with user research activities.