IT Events - Event Technician
- Full Time
Computer Futures are working with a global media company who are currently recruiting for an experienced AV Technician.
Working in Corporate events, this is a global role and you must be comfortable to travel internationally to many of the client offices worldwide.
You should have a strong background of covering corporate Media events (more so than Live events - music or sports)
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for the set-up, operation and troubleshooting of the audio-visual and videoconferencing equipment within all conference and training rooms.
- Operation of cameras for archival video capture, including lighting, shot composition and audio for playback on company VOD website.
- Operation of remote recording solutions such as Polycom Capture Server and screen capture software such as Screenflow.
- Receives notification of planned/unplanned events, determines requirements in support of the event; coordinates via calendar for conferences, and associated peripheral and administrative support required for each.
- Coordination and operation of external facing Webinars, including identification of client, tech and partner roles.
- Troubleshooting of client laptops prior to the event start to ensure best possible presentation experience during the event.
- Collaborate with Executive Assistants, Event Managers, Marketing Managers and other Cross-Functional partners to understand meeting and event requirements and execute accordingly.
- Own the technical support, and be responsible for managing technical risks throughout support planning and delivery of on-site meetings events.
- Direct and oversee the work of our support vendors in the Event Space, serving as a liaison between vendors and clients.
- Collaborate with AV Repair staff to keep equipment operating smoothly.
- 3+ years of technical event production experience in a corporate field.
- 3+ years of equipment operation experience in a corporate environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows and Apple based Operating Systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a big plus.
Contract Length: 6 months
Rate: ??160 a day
Location: Soho, London
For more information, please provide your updated CV and contact me directly to have your profile put forward. Please ensure you have read the above and are suitable for the role based on what our client is looking for.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy