Experienced Senior .NET Developers - Up to 80k 15% bonus
Amazing at c#?
My client is set on revolutionizing the secondary market - they believe in a world where millions of items can be traded at their best value through a new channel of green retail that gives new life to all things re-usable, timeless and sustainable. They aim to be the global marketplace for bidders, businesses and collectors alike to connect and bid on thousands of different items across the world.
The work environment is relaxed and friendly everyone is extremely approachable, and nobody sits in an office - the CTO and CEO sit with their own teams at the desk.
My client believes in empowering developers. You and the team will have authority to make technical decisions that help to fulfil requirements for the rest of the platform, with an engineering culture that encourages frank, honest, evidence-based discussions. Data always wins over opinions and hierarchy without fail.
With this role, you have the opportunity to become part of a medium-sized, successful and still rapidly growing company.
The hiring process.
- You find this Job ad
- You read the ad
- You're interested in the ad
- You express your interest to us (Email, Phone, Shout, throw a stone at the window 'til we look out)
- Someone will give you a call to get to know yourself a bit better
- Followed by a phone interview
Skills and responsibilities
- Contribute to the Security, Availability & Scalability of our E-commerce platform
- Consistently deliver against the Product & Engineering road-maps
- Always support your code all the way to production; ensure it operates successfully in production.
- Adhere to the processes, designs, and systems your team have agreed to.
- Contribute to the definition of Features for Services/Components owned by your team.
- Continuously improve yourself and your team by suggesting and then helping implement new Engineering processes and practices.
- Effectively communicate your and your team's progress, achievements, and areas for improvement to your team members and your Manager.
- You are a trusted technical authority on one or more technical areas of your team. You are someone the rest of your team and Technical Manager turn to for Engineering advice and guidance.
- You take the lead on team architecture and design discussions.
- You lead in the setting of team coding standards, testing practices & standards and Operational best practices.
- Mentor less experienced developers in technical skills and good engineering practices.
- Experience of working within an E-commerce or at scale business where security, availability & reliability are critical would be a huge bonus.
- TDD, BDD and experience of deploying continuously to production.
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability.
- Setting and raising engineering standards across your team and wider engineering organisation.
- Experience of operating in the cloud would be a huge plus.
- Experience of working in Agile Environments (Scrum/Kanban).
Send in your application and we will be in touch in due course.
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, United Kingdom. No. . Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request.