Data Centre and Communications Engineer - London
Data Centre and Communications Engineer- London
My client has an urgent requirement for a Data Centre and Communications Infrastructure Engineer.
This is an urgent requirement for a 3-month contract initially.
The ideal candidates will have experience substantial experience of operations work in a datacentre environment, racking and de-racking a variety of equipment, use of server lifting trolleys, familiarity with manual handling and awareness of risks in this area. They will also have a basic understanding of electrics and safety, different cable and connector types associated with data and electrical connections, familiarity with cable management solutions.
- Basic understanding of IP Networking
- Configure IP parameters
- Maintenance of an inventory system
- Relocation and installation of IT equipment inc small UPS systems and batterys rated up to 5Kw, Intelligent PDU's, web management cards and environmental monitoring systems.
- Able to configure basic network parameters on network devices, given device documentation or basic internal training.
- Basic understanding of electricity and safe working practices in Data Centres and communications rooms, including understanding risks to key services.
- Familiar and competent in transportation of heavy items of equipment and safe manual handling techniques and risks, using server lifts, pallet trucks and trolleys.
- Good understanding of different connector types for Power and networking and able to follow standard data center patching and power provisioning schemes.
- Able to take on a mobile and agile role, working at multiple sites across the campus.
If you are interested din this position, please send me your CV ASAP !
Senitor Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.