- Transport Planner/Traffic Operator
- Ipswich, Suffolk
- c??32,000 (DOE)
- Start Date: November 2020 (or ASAP)
A fast paced and busy general haulage depot in Ipswich has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Traffic Operator to join the team. As a Traffic Operator you will ensure that the driving community operate to the highest possible standard in accordance with working requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have General Haulage experience (2 years' plus ideally)
- Possesses an up-to-date knowledge of East Anglia area, geographically, to ensure profit is maximized on all vehicles.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload, a resilient, motivated self-starter, a logical thinker and strong problem solver.
- Customer service and communication skills are vital to deliver the high quality service the company has a fantastic reputation for.
- Commercial understanding of what can impact on profit and loss in the general haulage industry for input on strategy and key decisions is essential.
In return for your hard work and commitment, you'll get all the reward and recognition you deserve as well as the opportunity to develop and progress.
Role and Responsibility:
Reporting to the Transport Manager the key focus of the Traffic Operatorwill be to organise the daily routing of general haulage vehicles, prioritizing workloads as well as briefing & de-briefing drivers regarding their daily duties and pre-planning work for allocation of loading. You will need sound working knowledge of transport legal compliance, including driver's hours, legislation, routine fleet maintained activities and Tacho related requirements. Continuous communication with all drivers and hubs throughout the day is required, ensuring there are no failures and achieving and exceeding given targets and KPIs.
- Routing & planning vehicles on a day to day basis including back-loads.
- Building revenue to ensure profitability within fleet and targets are met.
- Checking/approving drivers' timesheets on a weekly basis.
- Managing driver holidays effectively making sure customer needs are met at all times.
To learn and understand more about this role working as a Traffic Planner/Traffic Operator based in the Ipswich area of Suffolk; please contact Tom Dykes here at ISR Recruitment or please share a copy of your CV or online business profile for a call back in the strictest confidence.