Role- Platform Lead - AWS
Manchester- Remote working initially due to Covid
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a digital retail organisation based in Manchester City Centre for a Platform Lead to join their technical team. You will be leading an agile team of around 23 at a crucial time when they are moving their technology functions to AWS.
What's great is that this position plays a key role in ensuring that we provide an unshakeable infrastructure to support our digital experiences, in turn providing unparalleled service to our customers.
In this role, you'll lead a team of passionate, driven Platform Engineers working on some highly visible, large-scale projects and platforms with influence over a wide range of business and technology stakeholders. You'll be the SME in all things cloud and AWS, along with fostering a strong DevOps culture.
What they are looking for:
- Technical thought leadership across a broad range of cloud technologies, more specifically AWS
- Proven track-record of owning end-to-end delivery of large-scale projects driving design, build and implementation of secure, resilient and scalable cloud-based infrastructure solutions
- Experience leading the technical strategy for cloud, working closely with architecture
- You'll be an exemplary leader but someone who is also excited to get your hands dirty in the technology with your team
- Experience in building future-fit infrastructure engineering capability, ways of working practices and a true squad mentality
- An understanding of how to grow this capability in-house, retaining IP and helping to remove key dependencies
- An ability to naturally identify and promote continuous improvement opportunities with a view to build a growth-mindset culture across the wider organisation