Platforms Manager - TPR - Brighton - ??75,000 plus excellent benefits
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential.
Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We are looking for an experienced technical manager with a proven background in DevOps to lead a team responsible for the design, build and support of platform level components for The Pensions Regulator (TPR). The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering and maintaining an enterprise DevOps platform and driving the adoption of DevOps tools across the teams. The candidate will have a deep understanding and experience of implementing DevOps capabilities and taking organisations on the journey to adopting new ways of working.
- You will be responsible for delivering and maintaining an enterprise DevOps platform and driving the adoption of DevOps tools across the teams. You will lead the implementation of DevOps capabilities and taking organisations on the journey to adopting new ways of working.
- You will be responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining processes within TPR, leveraging automation tools and applications services available in the cloud. You will lead platform provisioning, build deployment, software configuration, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and release engineering processes.
- You will take a lead role in the delivery of TPR's Cloud platform solutions at a macro level and per service for Legacy systems. To do so you will build a team of subject matter experts and integrate them with the wider IT services.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Experience building and leading a DevOps team that builds and maintains platform self-service components leveraged by project/product teams
- Extensive DevOps solutions experience required, including experience designing and implementing robust CI/CD pipeline solutions
- Extensive working knowledge and experience using the Azure DevOps toolset
- Knowledge and experience of the following technology platforms: SQL, .NET, CRM
- Experience with configuring management and workflow automation tools, preferably with Terraform and PowerShell DSC
- Defines and implements DevOps metrics to measure DevOps effectiveness
- Strong analytical/technical writing skills
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Extensive experience in a lead or above position with strong people management skills
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Solid understanding of hardware/hosting platforms, including virtualization and containerisation - mandatory
- Familiarity with CI concepts and Agile-hybrid delivery models
- Experience of government or regulatory processes, systems and information
- Relevant qualifications associated with DevOps
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Leadership skills
Salary and benefits As well as a starting salary of ??75,000, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.