Application Engineer & Deployment Specialist/Azure DevOps
Application Engineer & Deployment Specialist
Automating processes; Powershell, batch files, Unix Shell Scripts, Python,
Azure automation; ARM templates or Terraform
Award-winning FinTech is looking for an Applications Engineer & Deployment Specialist to support internal and client Application/software deployments for both Hosted Azure Web environments and on-prem installations. This newly created role is ideal for someone with at least 1-3 years of experience in deploying Web Applications. The role will involve Azure DevOps automation and in time this will become the main focus.
This an excellent opportunity for training and career development: This well-established small/medium size company, (based in Central London), continues to grow and has plans to expand internationally and is committed to investment in the IT and Development teams.
As an Applications Engineer & Deployment Specialist you will be working with an experienced application team and you will be taking the lead in supporting clients through the pre-deployment fact finding and provisioning, application deployment and configuration, on to maintenance and upgrades. In addition, you will be guiding client support/IT teams in establishing best practices for supporting the applications and fielding support queries from those teams.
- Application Deployment and DevOps
- Automating processes via one or more; Powershell, batch files, Unix Shell Scripts, Python, etc.
- Source Control as part of workflows
- Azure automation either in the form of ARM templates or Terraform ideally, (alternatively technologies like Ansible, Chef and Puppet)
- General understanding of IT and troubleshooting
- Networking and Network Proxy (nice to have)
- Good customer facing skills will be essential
- Security first mindset - You will be controlling/enabling access to sensitive data, (commercial and personal)
Tech:(Training can be provided)
- IIS Web Sever
- Azure AD
- SQL Server
- Network Proxy
- Experience with issue management tooling
Advantageous but not essential:
- Any experience in a client facing or consulting type role
- Relevant Qualifications/Training, such as;
- Azure Fundamentals
- Azure Administrator Associate AZ-104/AZ-103
Salary & Benefits: ??40k - ??50k pa, (annual salary reviews), plus Discretionary Bonus
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday/Medical Cover/Life Cover/Pension/Flexible Benefits
Next Step: Full details are available upon receipt of your CV, (subject to suitability), for the role: Applications Engineer & Deployment Specialist
Please click on APPLY to submit your CV.