Cloud Systems/Network Engineer | Cambridge | ??35,000 - ??50,000
System Administrator/System Engineer | Cambridge | ??40,000 - ??50,000
System Administrator with a strong interest in the Cloud/DevOps space is required for an Asset Management House based in Cambridge (8 min walk from the station.) The client is looking for a talented, hands-on Systems administrator a passion and interest in the cloud and deploying on-prem infrastructure into the cloud, hosted in AWS.
The clients mission is to allow major banks with large complex cloud architectures to easily see, understand and optimise their AWS deployments. Their unique platform is gaining traction, and therefore looking for an additional sysadmin.
This Systems administrator role is paying between ??40,000 - ??50,000 + package + bonus and can be seen as an amazing way to get into a Cloud/DevOps engineering role.
The client have recently started a large project based on AWS cloud services and need to expand the on-premise infrastructure team with an additional Systems administrator with exposure to the Cloud/DevOps environment and skill set. Someone with a deep knowledge of network fundamentals, is comfortable with Linux and has experience working with Cloud Services (ideally AWS).
The clients current on-premise infrastructure includes a diverse range of hardware, Servers, desktops and physical environments that supports a number of secure communications. The roles and responsibilities as a Cloud/DevOps engineer would be to migrate the majority of their infrastructure to the AWS Cloud.
As a sysadmin/Systems administrator/Systems engineer you must have solid, relevant commercial experience of:
- Networking - knowledge of routing, access control, TCP/IP, sockets, IPv4/6
- Linux - experience of administration and support
- Cloud services - automation of cloud services through APIs
- Programming - any experience of any language, or Scripting
Responsibilities of the Sys admin Engineer include
- Contributing to design of cloud environments for security and continuity
- Provisioning AWS cloud environments and services using Terraform
- Monitoring AWS cloud alerts and logs
- Liaising with on-premise team for cloud on-premise interfaces
If you are interested in this Systems administrator, Cloud/DevOps engineer role, please send your latest CV to (see below)