Solution Architect, Lookers plc
Lookers IT Development, Manchester
Market leading employee benefitsLookers have an exciting new opportunity for a Solutions Architect to join the Software Delivery team. You'll be responsible for establishing the optimum technology solution to meet specific business needs and you will guide the cross functional development teams through the implementation phase. You'll work closely with a software development manager within an agile Scrum environment and will design solutions that meet the business requirements whilst adhering to the longer term strategic goals. To be successful in this role you must have a strong delivery focus and a proven ability in providing technical direction to delivery teams within a complex technical landscape.
Technologies used are primarily, but not exclusively, from the Microsoft stack including Azure, Dynamics CRM, BizTalk, MDS, ASP.NET (MVC) and SQL Server.
- Convert business and technical requirements into an architectural design that becomes the blueprint for the solution being created
- Formulate architectural designs consistent with technology strategy, relevant patterns and enterprise architecture principles
- Provide technical guidance for software development teams throughout the course of the project
- Plan the technical requirements to transition a design into a working solution
- Having led the design phase of the project, participate in all remaining phases to verify that the design is installed, configured and documented correctly
- Where relevant, assist with assessment of vendor proposals
- Work closely with data architects to ensure information requirements are met in solution design
- Azure technologies, such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks
- Distributed data platforms, such as Hadoop/HDFS, Spark
- Data structures and schemas, data preparation and cleansing
- Data query languages, such SQL, HiveQL, Scripting
- Data integration services and ETL
- Extensive hands on experience of architecting and implementing relevant Microsoft technologies, infrastructure, datastores and networking
- Experience migrating and transforming Legacy software solutions to the cloud
- Professional qualification in Computer Science/Studies, or other related discipline
Lookers are proud to be one of the top three motor vehicle retailers in the UK, representing 32 vehicle manufacturers, selling and servicing a huge range of cars at over 150 franchised dealerships across hundreds of locations throughout the UK & Ireland. We recognise the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people so we offer an industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, eligibility to join one of our car schemes, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and additional earning potential through commission or bonus.
As one of the UK's Top Employers we strongly believe in nurturing and providing our people with specific manufacturer brand and management training to enhance career development opportunities. We have a great bunch of people and we like to celebrate and encourage success at all levels with our annual Lookers Excellence Awards. So? What are you waiting for?
Lookers are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a working environment that is free from all types of discrimination, is inclusive, and empowers our people to bring their whole self to work and reach their full potential.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role and responsibilities, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.