Senior Residential Support Worker
6 days left
- Full Time
THE BANYAN TREE - JOIN OUR TEAM
JOB TITLE: Senior Residential Support Worker
SALARY & BENEFITS: £19,961 – £24,421 per annum plus £43 per sleep in allowance
WORKING HOURS: 39 hours a week following a shift pattern plus up to 2 sleep in’s per week
Our client based in Northampton is built up of two (Ofsted registered- rated Outstanding) children’s homes offering an excellent therapeutic service for up to five children in each who are aged seven to eighteen, and are placed for medium to long term duration and a third home (CQC registered-rated Outstanding) that offers a service for up to four young people aged 16 plus with mental health needs and promotes independent living skills. We meet the needs of ‘looked after’ children and young people who may be experiencing a range of difficulties. The homes achieve consistently good outcomes for children. We are currently seeking a Senior Residential Support Worker who genuinely enjoys the rewards and challenges of working with children and young people to join our team.
As a Senior Residential Support Worker, you will be required to provide appropriate guidance and support to staff and young people. You will be responsible for leading shifts, being on call and supporting the manager. You will also be responsible for providing direct care and support to the children and young people living in the homes using therapeutic principles.
You will promote and participate in activities encouraging choice and opportunity to the children and young people. You will be required to actively participate in the running and management of the homes and communicating and liaising effectively with managers, other professionals, agencies and families. The role will also require you to carry out general administration duties to assist with the running of the homes.
Although you will be centrally based at one location the role may require you to work at the other two local sites to provide support when required.
Applicants will be required to work shifts which include weekend and evening working, undertake on-call and sleep-in duties and will be required to go on holiday with the children and young people.
It is essential that all applicants undergo an enhanced DBS clearance check if successful
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Provide appropriate guidance and support to staff and young people using therapeutic principles and attachment aware practice
- Leading and planning shifts, doing on calls and supporting the manager
- Providing direct care and support of children and supporting the manager
- Promoting and participating in activities for all children and young people
- Participate in the running and management of the homes
- Providing support across all sites when required
- Keyworker role and responsibilities
- Administrative tasks
The candidate must have a NVQ Level 3/Diploma or equivalent (or be working towards) in a childcare qualification, previous supervisory experience and must have worked for at least two years with children and young people with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties and learning difficulties and/or attachment disorder. You will have experience or the desire to work using attachment aware and therapeutic approaches understanding and meeting ‘looked after’ children and young people’s needs. You will possess excellent communication skills have a positive attitude and a compassionate, empathic and caring manner. Although not essential a full driving license would be highly advantageous. You will need to be flexible to work shifts and to sleep in up to 2 nights per week.
Key experience essential for the role:
- NVQ Level 3/Diploma or equivalent in a childcare qualification
- Must have worked for at least two years with children and young people with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties and learning difficulties and/or attachment disorder
- Must have previous supervisory experience
- Experience and/or desire to work sing attachment aware and therapeutic approaches to understanding and meeting 'looked after' children and young people's needs
- Excellent communication, leadership and administrative skills
- Full UK driving license is highly desirable
- Ability to work shifts and up to 2 sleep in's per week is essential
Interested? Click apply now!