Senior Business Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
Senior Business Analyst Portsmouth 32502
About the role Here at Babcock International we're recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst to join our team in Portsmouth. You will be working with business units, functions and stakeholders across the enterprise to analyse, document, implement and support IS solutions and business change. Primarily working with project delivery, but also other business and technical teams within the organisation you will be preparing proposals, recommendations, solutions and requirements that deliver on business goals and objectives. The role combines, analysis of project goals and supporting business requirements elicitation, data and business modelling, process modelling and re-engineering and preparation and submission of subsequent proposals. In addition, providing business analysis support to project teams, delivery teams and business users. Additional responsibilities include working with the community of business analysis practitioners and colleagues within the organisation to evolve and continuously improve business analysis, lean, project and Agile practices.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Communicate with colleagues and stakeholders (internal and external) to understand project and business needs
- Work with a broad cross section of stakeholders in IT and the business to elicit, capture, validate and prioritise requirements
- Support conversations and development of options papers with senior stakeholders
- Become intimate with the wider IT strategy and where necessary work with strategy team to scope opportunity and build tangible case for investment
- Determine evaluation and acceptance criteria for solution validation and user acceptance
- Identification of business and IS opportunities and risks
- Prepare business cases, which define problem statement, solution options, benefits, requirements, costs and risks.
- Produce documentation to support proposals, solutions and delivery
- Maintain strong working relationships with key business stakeholders and departmental heads to ensure delivery of solutions and process change
- Facilitate workshops and walkthroughs
What do I need to do the role?
You will be an experienced Business Analyst with some exposure in a Senior or Lead capacity. You will also need:
- Strong understanding of and experience with business analysis and process improvement standards and principles (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, UML, BPMN)
- Good familiarity with business process and analysis techniques
- Experience designing and facilitating process and requirements workshops.
- Broad understanding of IT solutions; software, hardware and infrastructure.
- Experience working with Agile teams in an Agile delivery environment.
- Experience writing requirements in a variety of formats including business requirements documents (BRDs) and Agile epics, features, user stories and developing backlogs.
- Experience identifying and managing a large group of stakeholders.
- Business analysis or lean qualifications
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training. We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.