IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
QB Technology is an innovative modular construction company utilising modern methods of construction and advanced technology, design, and supply chain management tools to produce highly engineered light gauge steel volumetric modular buildings off-site. Our team has decades of industry experience and we are growing quickly.
As a Support Engineer, you will be responsible for both technical support for QBT's team and development work in conjunction with the Senior Systems Engineer.
This role is a combined role of 50% support and 50% development / project work.
The chosen candidate will be the first point of call for users via our service desk system and to manage the companies infrastructure and development, reporting to the Senior Systems Engineer.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Support Engineer looking for a role which will provide access to modern IT infrastructure and chance to develop their technical skills within the manufacturing industry.
With everyday core IT support, 50% of the candidates duties will include project related development with the goal of producing highly automated systems and self-service to aid company goals and objectives.
This role is offered on a full time basis.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Experience in IT support/ service desk environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective communication skills, able to explain complex issues to non-technical users
- Keen interest in technology
- Good organizational skills and eager to learn
- Good customer awareness, ability to manage customer expectations
- Able to work under pressure and against tight time scales
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
- Ambitions and open to new ideas
Knowledge/experience of some or all of the following technology preferred, although not required:
- Windows Server 2
- Active Directory
- O365/Exchange/SharePoint administration
- Windows 10
- VMWare ESXi
- HP Servers
- MS Teams and Telephony System
- MS Forms / Flow
- Azure Virtual Environment
- MS SQL Server
- Unifi Network Infrastructure
- Oracle NetSuite ERP or equivalent