Senior Network Analyst
Are you a Network Analyst with strong experience of supporting and configuring LAN, WAN and managing Firewalls?
Waltham Forest is an ambitious Borough. Driven by culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council. As London's first Borough of Culture and as the 2019 MJ Council of the Year, we are creating more opportunities to empower our residents and boost their life chances.
We are a Council bursting with energy and opportunity. Our strong grasp of our finances means that we can invest - in our residents, our place and our people. To deliver our ambition we are building a council for the future and becoming a truly modern and digital borough.
Waltham Forest are leading from the front with their ICT Network strategy, utilising Software Defined Networking LAN and WAN technologies. We are looking for an ambitious and talented Network Analyst to join our Network Team. As a Network Analyst you will help support the roll out of Software Defined Networks to our campus and remote site along with migration of services into the cloud whilst providing a high level of operational support across all network and security services.
We've championed the migration to a new LAN with SDN capabilities; selecting the most appropriate core and edge switching and campus wireless to provide an exceptional service for our modern and mobile workforce. As a Network Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting a modern LAN and WAN with connectivity to market leading cloud and hyperconverged infrastructure; providing operational support for our recently procured Next Generation Firewalls that also provide VPN and Web filtering solutions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of acting in a 3rd line support capacity with a strong background of supporting Network Routing and Switching
- Experience of Wide Area Technologies
- Demonstrable experience of deployment and installation of Network Firewalls
- Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Strong customer service focused Network Engineer who is passionate about improving user experience and services
- Exposure to Cloud Networking Environments
- Understanding of Web Content filtering services and VPN technologies
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to be adaptable and flexible and able to adjust to a new situations and environments
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with a logical and pragmatic approach to tasks
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, including the ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical users
As an employer of choice, Waltham Forest offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary paying ??45,834-??48,819 dependent upon experience
- 28 to 31 days annual leave plus Christmas closure days, public holidays
- Excellent pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
- Professional and personal development and training opportunities
Closing date: Friday 30th October
Video interviews will be held remotely for this role on: Tuesday 10th November
For more detailed information, please contact Hannah Groves