Storage Engineer - SVC
Storage Support Engineer - SVC (San Volume Controller) required for a 3 month contract (likely to extend) REMOTE WORKING - then based in Hampshire
Working inside of IR35 for a high profile IT Solutions provider, you will provide L3 end user support to the growing customer install base, and is likely to appeal to those who like solving technical problems, customer interaction and gaining deep understanding of IBM products and storage virtualization technologies.
- Debugging problems reported through Customer Problem Management Reports (PMRs) escalated from L2 through the RETAIN system. Depending on the severity level of a problem, you may work directly with clients through conference calls.
- Work closely with the Development and Test teams, as well as supporting other world wide Service Specialists in performing problem determination and analysis on client systems.
- Provide Level 3 customer support to the clients SVC and V7000 customers and to provide escalation support for the WW Level 2 organisation and to interface with SVC and V7000 Development in order to resolve technical problems.
- Problems Management Reports (PMRs) which will be forwarded to the Level 3 team and will be analysed by the prospective candidate. Participation on conference calls with customers and account teams will also be required to explain issues relating to the problems and their resolution.
Skills required include -
- SVC and V7000 technical knowledge
- Failure Analysis and hardware support
- Exposure of working PMRs and Customer Support
Other skills will include -
- Use of Retain tooling and SVC debug tooling. (Not essential - can be taught)
- You may be required to build iFIXs and so knowledge of test and development processes and environments to test code fixes would be preferred. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem debug skills and good customer facing skills.
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience of using Spectrum Virtualise and Storwize products is required and the role could appeal to those with Systems Admin experience. Customer Support or working in a Test or Development environment is preferred.
This role is to start ASAP and will pay ??36 per hour umbrella INSIDE OF IR35
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.