Security Engineers, Endpoint, Tanium, Fireye, McAfee, Crowdstrike, Lin
Senior Security Engineers - Tanium, Fireye, McAfee, Crowdstrike, Linux, Windows, Unix - to join the Security Platform Server Engineering team for this FTSE100 company with Critical National Infratstructure status. EndPoint Engineers are the primary technical resource for the company's complex and diverse platforms and systems. The successful candidate(s) will possess expertise in Endpoint security, resilience and optimization and have a solid understanding of networking/server infrastructure.
Currently the company is operating at 100% WFH. Future plans would see candidates for thes roles working at least 2/3days (possibly more) a week from home on a permanent basis
The Server Platform team's Endpoint Security Engineers will:
- Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced engineers in the platform security organization.
- Be a Subject Matter expert highly skilled in the installation and configuration of endpoint server security tools such as antivirus, configuration management, and asset recognition.
- Have experience with Endpoint detection and protection tools such as McAfee, FireEye HX, Symantec, Tanium.
- Knowledge with GPOs, SCCM, IBM Big Fix, AD (Active Directory) Bit Locker. Firewall hardening also advantageous.
- Experience securing applications, data at rest and in transit at the Workstation, server and cloud
- Information security understanding in supporting enterprise security applications and services.
- Architect/Engineer Data Leakage Prevention Security Engineering would be a plus
- Engineering and development of security agents/solutions to integrate into Security Orchestration, Automation and Response.
- Advise on Data Leakage Policy Development
- Engineering for Back End management server infrastructure and databases
- Integration with analytics and compliance tooling
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base.
Experience in some of the following areas would be a plus:
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Penetration testing
- Hardening of network, software and firmware.
- Security tool development (eg scanning tools).
- Security metrics definition and delivery.
- Collaborate and consult across all security towers and teams and across all of Information Technology.
- Champion secure coding practices.
- Experience conducting analysis of electronic media, packet capture, log data in support of enterprise level information security operations.
- Experience documenting, building and testing reference architectures.
- Expertise consulting with stakeholders to define needs, develop requirements and analyze findings to advise and recommend solutions.
- Excellent communication, written, and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including Senior Executive
- Delivery of high performing low latency services
- Definition and monitoring of service level indicators and objectives to ensure platform help
- Response and problem resolution
- Capacity planning
- Change management
- Automation, automation, automation
- Vendor relationship management
- Partner with the security incident response team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Create innovative solutions to automate and reduce timeframes for operational changes as well as initial installation of the platform.
- Create rules for compliance and audit requirements Participating in the organization's incident response process
- Create custom rules/rule modifications and custom reports/report modifications as needed.
Successful candidates will be a skilled multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail that thrives in a fast-paced work environment. You will need to have working experience and knowledge of operating systems (eg: Windows, UNIX/Linux) and databases, and ideally knowledge in various Scripting and programming languages (Java, Perl, Python, C++).
You will have experience working with secure networks, systems and resilient application architectures, and ideally have worked in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications. An understanding of the entire technology stack of networks, databases, applications and end-points, and experience of planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures is essential