Regional Director - Leveraged Finance
We're looking for a candidate to this position in an exciting company.
- Propose, negotiate and execute leveraged finance facilities to support the acquisition and growth of UK SME companies by private equity firms. Analyse the business and financial performance of prospective customers and ensure debt structures are appropriate to meet their needs. Identify, minimise and mitigate risks. Assist with the end-to-end credit process, including: due diligence review, financial modelling, writing of credit papers, presentation to credit, client negotiation and completion of legal documentation.
- Assist with the origination of new business in the leveraged finance market, including participation in client and intermediary meetings, preparation of pitches, and attendance at market events and conferences.
- Interact effectively with the members of the wider structured finance origination and portfolio teams, receive feedback in a positive manner and give constructive feedback to colleagues. Effective communication with internal stakeholders is key, e.g. regional business centres, operations and credit.
Regulatory and Compliance
- Report all issues of regulatory concern to the line manager and the operations director/bank legal & compliance director where appropriate.
- Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks in a prompt and effective manner.
- Strongly analytical.
- Good understanding of financial statements and ability to analyse them.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel would be useful.
- Some experience in cash flow modelling.
- General awareness of the UK lending/banking market.
- Good customer service, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Good commercial and financial acumen.