Service Desk Team Leader
Service Desk Lead
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
??25,000 to ??28,000
This company delivers bespoke IT solutions to a variety of sectors and has their own variety of products and services. Increasingly, they are also providing our IT solutions as cloud based services through our hosted managed services division. They are looking for a Service desk Lead to head up the 1st line support section and grow the team from within.
The successful candidate will for the day to day operations of the 1st line support team, providing client support for applications and hosting services. This is an excellent opportunity to boost your career and gain management experience in a small team!
Key tasks will include the following:
- Planning staff cover for agreed support hours, planning out of hours support rotas and approving holiday and other leave requests in conjunction with the Head of Support
- Play an active role in the incident management process working with the Head of Support, relevant support teams, application teams and customers to resolve key incidents efficiently.
- Act as a mentor to other tier one support analysts to aid with their development
- Regular production of internal operational performance reports
- Regular production of client support performance reports
- Loading Back End data into various inhouse hosted applications
- Regularly review operational performance in order to maintain high standards
- Identify areas to be improved and make recommendations to the Head of Support
- Undertaking daily checks of our hosted applications
Essential experience includes:
- Excellent customer service, acting as a champion and voice for our customers
- IT support or customer service role is essential.
- ITIL certification is desirable
- Adaptable to changing environments and effectively manage change by providing hands on enthusiastic leadership
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be outstanding at written, verbal and conversational communication
- Excellent communicator who is able to deal with complex situations by communicating with customers and colleagues of varying technical knowledge
- Analytical mindset
- Demonstrate an ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members and other colleagues in a hands-on capacity
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) is desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook are essential
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is desirable
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your CV ASAP.