Build Engineer - INSIDE IR35 - Glasgow
Build Engineer Job Purpose
The project is rolling out new devices using Windows 10, Intune and Autopilot,
New Devices need to be effectively managed by build engineers. The devices need to be built as per the schedule produced by the Schedulers according to the build instructions supplied by the project teams.
Asset management is key, getting the right machine to the right person on time with the correct configuration (As per the schedule)
Build Engineer Job Duties
- Basic build of devices - Including build Completion check sheets and details of who they are being built for to ensure the correct business bundles are installed
- Stock management of new kit and securely storing any Legacy items
- Stock manage of old kit. Ensuring new devices are asset tagged and old devices are labelled and stored securely for ~2 weeks
- Liaising with 3rd line engineers for rebuilds or troubleshooting failed builds
- Keeping schedulers and deployment engineers updated with build status and any blocking issues
- Rolling out new docking stations to desks
- Scheduling pickups by our delivery partners to take laptops to people's homes
- Reporting on build targets Planned builds - Completed builds - Dispatched - open Issues
Build Engineer Skills and Qualifications
- Good Customer Service Skills.
- Computer Skills and the Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems if required.
- Familiarity with Windows 10 and HP Hardware.
- Attention to detail
- Office skills (Word/excel)