Python Developer - InsureTech!
I am working with one of the UK's largest InsureTech businesses to find an experienced Python Developer in London.
The Python Developer will join a large established team of multi-skilled developers and engineers working on a 5 year Enterprise Digital Transformation project. This will see the successful Python Developer playing an integral role in transforming the businesses Legacy code base to a Python & AWS stack.
As a Python Developer you can expect to develop serverless applications on AWS using Lambda functions, architect distributed applications using Step functions, Simple Queue Service(SQS), Simple Notification Service(SNS) and CloudWatch Events. You will develop CI/CD pipelines using AWS Code Build and Code Pipeline services as well as deploy infrastructure as code using SAMTemplates. You will also carryout application Optimising and troubleshooting using tools like AWS X-ray and develop containerised microservices using AWS ECS and API based applications
You will work in Agile SCRUM teams and in a true DevOps culture, with full responsibility for the end to end SDLC for your own projects.
To be successful in applying for this role you will need to demonstrate the following
- Experience building scalable Back End services, with ability to write production ready Python Code
- Solid exposure to deploying production applications using AWS
- A solid understanding of databases - data structures, algorithms, OO design and system architecture
- Exposure to Infrastructure-as-Code (eg Terraform, Cloudformation etc)
- Experience with Docker and containerised application development and deployment, preferably on Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, CircleCI, Travis CI, or Jenkins.
- Familiar with the full development life cycle and software engineering best practices, including cloud-native architecture, microservices, design, code, unit testing, integration testing, code review, and documentation.
- A grounding in DevOps principles and practices.
In return you will receive:
- Salary up to ??75,000
- 25 days holidays (+BHs)
- Generous contributory pension
- Flexible working opportunities (Currently 100% remote due to Covvid)
- And more.....
If you think this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply now and do not risk missing out on this outstanding opportunity!
Python Developer - InsureTech