Thermal Engineer - Stevenage - Contract ??38 per hour (Defence & Space)
We are recruiting for a leading Defence & Space organisation based in Stevenage for a Thermal Engineer on long term contract.
- Support the thermal analysis and design of various Defence and Space groups, as well as detailed design analysis and test of spacecraft equipment, such as antennas and mechanisms.
- As part of the thermal analysis team, complete and plan with supervision thermal analyses and test activities to demonstrate achievement of thermal control system requirements.
- Apply knowledge and experience of thermal analysis and test tasks as to select and justify thermal analysis tools, methods and process, as well as design drivers.
- Work as part of the thermal analysis team, considering parts of the product development life cycle, justifies product design and/or achievement of test objectives.
- Occasional Defence and Space customer contact by technical presentation or delegated progress meeting support.
- Occasional interfacing with project team to answer technical queries and report progress.
- Work to specification of thermal requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of thermal analysis principles and expected performance, complete thermal analyses.
- Conforms to the role and responsibilities of the thermal analysis function, standards of work and data management.
- Within perimeter of own work, ensure configuration/detailed design incorporates key features necessary to enable subsystem, design for manufacture, integration and required hardware re-use.
- Possible support to thermal testing which achieves hardware qualification or acceptance, and develop understanding of the effectiveness of analysis and any prior correlation.
- Technical presentation of analysis and test results, observations and conclusions to lead engineer and as delegated at formal reviews.
- Contributes to work package and risk management as to ensure tasks/activities
Degree or equivalent in Physics, Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or similar related discipline.
- Appreciation of thermal system, subsystem or equipment environment, design drivers, design and functional requirements validated by analysis and test.
- Conversant with thermal analysis techniques, methods and principles.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in the application of thermal analysis software tools and the management of simulation data.
- Space, Aerospace
ESSENTIAL S/W REQUIREMENTS:
- Thermica & Thermisol or ESATAN
DESIRABLE S/W REQUIREMENTS:
- MATLAB, MS Excel (including Visual Basic), other spacecraft thermal software