Development Design Lead - ??50,000 + Benefits (Remote/Cardiff)
DEVELOPMENT DESIGN LEAD - ??50,000 + Benefits
CURRENTLY REMOTE WORKING - CARDIFF AREA PREFERABLE.
My client is a well know medium sized Business Service Provider based throughout the UK. I am looking for a Development Design Lead to advise on the secure development/deployment combined with best practice to deliver secure software development and ongoing application life cycle management.
You may have come, or are in, a more traditional Software Development Lead Role or indeed a Test or QA Lead Role and now wish to turn your hand to a more advisory or consultancy role. This role is a 'hands off role' and reports directly into Senior Management.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Understand system development, and analyse controls in place, identifying improvement opportunities. Where controls are weak or substandard, define and support improvements.
- Oversee operational development processes.
- Lead deployment resolution across teams, in coordination with 3rd party suppliers and in complex mixed-technology environments.
- Mentoring and encouraging colleagues within the development teams.
- Report preparation and delivery to management
- Ensuring that security risks are identified, and controlled in new solutions designs.
- Risk assessments, technical evaluation and gap analysis on new and existing systems
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders, ensuring this is conveyed to development teams
- Responsible for identifying technical issues and developing solutions to resolve
- Responsible for ensuring developed systems are secure by default
- Be a key member of project teams for new solutions and continuous improvement projects
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Solid hands on Development life cycle an experience, gained within a service orientated organisation
- knowledge of several of the following areas: ISO27001; Cloud principles; OWASP; Programming, Source Control, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure Automation, Deployment Automation & Orchestration, Container Concepts, Orchestration, Cloud
- Experience of working in environments involving multiple partners, disparate multi-disciplined teams, and multiple streams of project activity.
- Degree or equivalent in IT related subject or relevant experience
- Excellent soft skills, to bring disparate teams, disciplines and customers together.
- Strong understand of both Software Engineering and IT Operations and how to enable seamless integration
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of software and tools required to control and support secure development life cycles.
- Experience of Automation Technologies and Tools (especially in deployment and testing processes)
- In-depth Software testing/QA experience
- Strong experience of agile development methodologies
- IT Operations/Network understanding (Inc. cloud services)
- Cloud deployment understanding Azure etc
- RESTful API knowledge
This role is currently 100% remote but as and when the environment changes it is likely that you will have a mixture of home and office working perhaps 1-2 days per week therefore ideally I am looking for candidates within a sensible commuting distance to Cardiff/Bristol Area.