Cloud Architect DV Cleared
Cloud Architect Consultancy, DV Cleared
Senior level AWS, with a AWS Professional Architect cert ideally.
My client is actively seeking a technical hands- on Cloud Architect to assist in assessing and re-architecting Legacy applications and processing systems to be rehosted or completely re-imagined on commercial cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google CGP). The role will also involve providing advice and guidance to development and infrastructure teams on delivering high quality, cloud-native solutions to challenging data acquisition, processing and analysis challenges.
The team use modern engineering methods (Scaled Agile, DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering, micro-service architectures) and cutting edge techniques (data science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning) to tackle complex and challenging problems and deliver cost effective, reliable, supportable solutions.
The solutions support complex analysis of substantial amounts of data, requiring state of the art big data', stream processing and cloud-based analytics, identifying and using best of breed' commercial and open source technologies
Experience required for the position of Cloud Architect
- Good understanding of IaaS, PaaS, FaaS, SaaS platforms and their strengths and weaknesses
- Well versed in designing end-to-end data processing systems in cloud environments
- Experience with design of service and micro-service architectures (Low Code)
- Trained and certified in one or both of AWS and Azure solution architecture
- Experience of transforming/re-architecting Legacy applications for cloud platforms
- Familiar with range of services offered by AWS/Azure platforms, maintaining current knowledge
Desirably the successful Cloud Architect will also have
- Experience of design for resilience/high availability
- Experience of security architecture: expertise in/understanding of NCSC, ISO 27001, NIST 800-53/171 controls
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (eg Terraform) deployment techniques
- Familiarity with containerisation concepts (eg Docker)