Linux Systems Engineer DV cleared
Linux Systems Engineer, Leading Consultancy, DV Clearance
Leading Consultancy are recruiting for an experienced Linux Systems Engineer to support large scale Linux deployments around systems support and maintenance, deployment of custom software in line with release schedule, incident management, vendor escalation and supporting the software development teams.
Working with and alongside customers, the team use modern engineering methods (Scaled Agile, Dev Sec Ops, Site Reliability Engineering, micro-service architectures) and cutting edge techniques (data science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning) to tackle complex and challenging problems and deliver cost effective, reliable, supportable solutions.
The solutions delivered, support complex analysis of substantial amounts of data, requiring state of the art big data', stream processing and cloud-based analytics, identifying and using best of breed' commercial and open source technologies and integrating them with bespoke software to meet customer needs quickly and efficiently.
Experience required for the position of Linux Systems Engineer
- Experience or knowledge of either Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS 7 & 8
- Experience of installing, upgrading and troubleshooting Java based applications
- Experience of Linux server integration with Active Directory
- Experience of building secure systems using corporate PKI solutions
- Knowledge of core Networking Principals
- Experience of technical leadership or team management
Desirable skills for the position of Linux Systems Engineer
- VMWare or Cloud-based architectures
- Accumulo, Hadoop & ZooKeeper administration
- Agile/Scrum methodologies using tools such as Confluence and Jira
- DevOps approaches and associated tools such as BitBucket, Ansible, Jenkins & Docker
- Messaging and Routing Technologies such as NiFi and Kafka
- Different programming languages, such as: Bash, Perl or Python
- Working with open source products