Position: Senior SDET
(Fully remote due to Covid, but will eventually have to go into the office)
Senior SDET needed for an innovative global payment platform that is helping businesses and individuals move money around the world faster. My clients have more than 250,000 global customers and over 150,000 global businesses and are looking for a Senior SDET to join their ranks.
- Take the initiative to collaborate with different team members across the program and wider organisation to make sure quality is Embedded in both processes and technology
- Define how the team and organisation do test data creation and ensure that test data is used in compliance with GDPR and internal organisation policies.
- Work directly with DBA s or Sys Admins if required to do test data creation and implementation
- Lead the strategy for learning and adopting new test tools depending on various project recommendations
- Use practical experience to help teams understand new business domains and help them analyse, test and build quality software
- Use proven experience in collecting information and evidence, identifying problems and opportunities and ensuring recommendations fit with strategic business objectives
- Take a systems thinking approach to improving engineering and the processes that support delivery of a project
- Encourage constructive conflict situations to enable quantum leaps forward in the tools, techniques and delivery of the team
- Lead the strategic implementation of the quality strategy in the team. Surface and promote good practice and the findings of empirical experimentation throughout the organisation
Ideally you will need:
- Coaching and leading in practices like Pair Programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Bring to bear a strong depth of experience in non-functional testing, eg Load/soak/performance, security and accessibility, by using standard and new testing techniques
- Defining strategy for Operational Testing including: Stability/back-up and recovery/DR
- Implement open source test tools and test frameworks
- Very Strong knowledge in Java
- Strong knowledge of automation testing knowledge (must be able to build automation frameworks from scratch)
- Strong knowledge of TestNG, UI testing and API testing.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus birthday day off, charity leave, 3 life event days during your career.
- Pension 4% contribution
- Perks - Free Breakfast, Friday drinks, Monthly Massages
- Training: They have an awesome L&D team & training Budget for individuals. They also encourage code clubs, brown bag sessions, etc ran by their engineers.
- Flexible career progression. All vacancies in the business are available for internal candidates too! They encourage both career progression and career path changes.
- Open culture. Their senior Management team run regular update sessions for the department, promoting transparency and open culture.