Embedded C/C++ V&V Software Engineer
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 2x Embedded C/C++ V&V Software Engineer subcontractors on an initial 6 month contract.
Hourly Rate: The Company are offering excellent rates
Contract Duration: 6 months
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Embedded C/C++ V&V Software Engineer Job Description:
The Company creates some of the world's most cutting-edge software products for Missile sub-systems. They are currently in search of an experienced Software Engineer, who is self-starter and able to hit the ground running immediately with minimal support.
The successful candidate will help to develop critical products and provide excellent technical support.
We offer an environment for Software Engineers to thrive and innovate allowing both personal and technical development.
The opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products.
Opportunities to work on research and development programmes within the mission planning software domain using new technologies, learning and building new skills.
Skillset/experience required ..
- Experience of full life cycle Real Time Embedded software development.
- Significant previous experience of validation, and verification of the Embedded Software written in mainly C or Ada and developed at very high integrity level and/or adhering to DO178 standard.
- Proven experience of Low level Embedded bare-metal programming without RTOS
- Proven skills in developing well-designed, testable and efficient software solutions
- Ability to debug complex problems and be able to produce require documentations to achieve high integrity level.
- Experience in software development methodologies such as Agile or iterative development
- Experience of designing software using UML however not essential.
- Knowledge of Defence standards and Microcontroller technologies
- Knowledge of tools such as LDRA, RTC, Rhapsody
- Knowledge of Real Time operating systems
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.