Data Architect -Remote & West Sussex
Data Architect - Remote & West Sussex based - ??48K/??54K p.a.
Due to a strategy restructure and financial investment in their MI function, our clients architecture team are recruiting for a newly created Data Architect role. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to make this area their own from virtually a standing start.
You will be given Decision Making Authority in the design of conceptual, logical and physical data models (incl. Enterprise Data Model), be responsible for the creation, maintenance & compliance of and with a data strategy and roadmap and own responsibility for maintaining standards for Datamodelling, design tools and techniques, advising on their application, and ensuring compliance.
To apply you should have the majority of the below skills and experience detailed below:
- Minimum 3 years solid experience of working as a data architect with similar individual responsibilities
- Strong communication skills - Ability to effectively translate and accurately communicate about data across tech and non-tech stakeholders
- Data analysis and synthesis - Ability to undertake data profiling, source system analysis to present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
- Data communication - Highly aware that data needs to be aligned to the needs of the end user.
- Data governance - Understands what data governance is required, can take responsibility for the assurance of data solutions and make recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Data innovation - Finger on the tech pulse for innovation with new tools and uses of data.
- Datamodelling - Ability to explain the concepts and principles of Datamodelling and can produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs. Can reverse-engineer data models from a live system.
- Data standards - Ability to develop data standards for a specific component. Analyse applied data standards or breaches and undertake impact analysis of that breach.
- Metadata management.
- Problem resolution (data) - In databases, data processes, data products and services as they occur
- Strategic thinking (data architecture) - Ability to support strategic planning in an administrative capacity.
- Turning business problems into data design.
- Degree educated in Computing, Data Science or Mathematics or equivalent experience Formal qualifications in Datamodelling/management
Platforms include (but not limited to) Salesforce, Liferay website, Oracle, JAVA and Talend (ETL), with Salesforce being the main platform and includes Sales & Service Cloud. They follow Agile, Waterfall, Prince 2, TOGAF, ITIL & SOA principles.
Although remote based you must be prepared to be onsite in West Sussex as and when our client returns to site.
Ideally start October/November 2020. Two stage interview process (Video) before decision.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.