Leading IB are currently looking for a highly experienced UI professional adept in eTrading Front End systems development.
The Snr Developer will be working as part of a global team helping to contribute to a new Derivatives Pricing Platform. The team is responsible for cross-product transactional pricing of derivatives. This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation working with smart technologists globally in the financial markets domain. The culture in the team is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and career advancement is always waiting for those highly energised talents willing and able to step up.
Key Technical Skills
- Strong understanding of React with 2 years minimum commercial experience
- Candidates must have a demonstrable ability to produce high quality UI and UX
- Knowledge of open source solutions and trending technologies
- Exposure to broader web technologies such as REStful API's
- Strong understanding of web standards, security, accessibility, browser compatibility,
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Development Manager, Project Manager, and a team of developers to deliver UI components to internal business users
- Demonstrate a systematic and disciplined architectural, system design and programming approach
- Meticulous attention to detail to design, code, unit test and support software components
- Deliver quality software on time following standard software development processes
- Analyze problems raised in software development or production environments and provide timely solutions
- Develop, prepare and maintain system documentation, including program descriptions and operational procedures
- Act as the second line of support during production problems.
Additional Skills and Qualifications
Scalability and Performance
- Proven ability in delivering highly responsive, simple interfaces displaying complex data
- Ability to deliver scalable applications
Development Tools and Methodologies
- Experience of TDD and BDD in a commercial environment
- Exposure to continuous build and deployment solutions such as Jenkins
- Able to work within an agile environment delivering software incrementally
Other Preferred Skills
- Strong analytical & problem solving and creative skills
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English.
- Ability to be organised and multi-task on different requirements across various stakeholders, and to work independently and under pressure.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies.
- Should have a technical or numerate degree in subjects such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Economics.
Technical skills (Non-essential but beneficial for this role)
- Experience of Bootstrap and knowledge of Node JS
- Knowledge of Java, Scala and the JVM.
Domain Knowledge (Non-essential but beneficial for this role)
- Knowledge of financial instruments and derivatives, trading and risk management, market data, and market risk processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of at least one specific asset class/line of financial instruments