Consultation and Engagement Advisor
Consultation and Engagement Advisor
– Ref: PSC/C13d
Grade I £27,549
Temporary post until 31 March 2021
Full time – 37 hours per week
Based in Leeds City Centre
Closing date: Wednesday 28 October 2020
Do you want to help make life better for people and communities in the Leeds City Region?
Do you have experience of finding out what people think and using this to influence decision making?
We are seeking to appoint an organised, enthusiastic and confident person to join the Combined Authority’s Consultation and Engagement team. With a strong understanding of consultation and engagement techniques and the ability to work in partnership with a wide range of organisations and individuals, you will have the opportunity to be involved in an extensive range of projects covering all aspects of the Combined Authority’s and Local Enterprise Partnership’s (LEP’s) economic regeneration and transport remit.
This is a varied role which will suit an ambitious, results-focused individual, proficient at managing multiple projects and working flexibly with a range of partners. You will be involved in all aspects of consultation and engagement activities including planning, design of materials and survey questions, delivering consultation through a range of on- and offline channels, analysis of feedback and report writing.
Review at the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
- Experience of managing consultation and engagement activities with a keen understanding of different consultation and engagement methods and how to tailor these for difference audiences
- Highly organised with strong project management skills
- Significant experience of data collection, analysis and report writing
- Experience of working successfully in a partnership environment
- Ability and confidence to advise senior figures both within and outside the organisation
- A good understanding of communications and marketing channels (particularly digital channels), and how these can be used to promote consultation and engagement opportunities and improve reach
This is a temporary post linked to external funding which is currently until 31 March 2021.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please contact Farah Tam, Lead Consultation and Engagement Officer, on 0113 348 1591.
For more information about the work of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority, please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like you, please click the Apply button now by 23:55 on Wednesday 28th October 2020.
Interview dates: 4th - 5th of November 2020.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to our salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant, therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.