Quality Assurance (QA) Team Lead
Our client, a leading aerospace company, are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Team Lead to join their team in Brighton. The QA team lead is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the QA team, including planning and assigning work to the QA team members, resolving issues experiences by the QA team and escalating issues where necessary. They will assist in creating process documentation, monitoring the performance of existing processes and recommending improvements to those processes where necessary. They will be responsible for following existing testing procedures, updating the online task management system, and escalating any issues to the relevant manager or team lead.
Quality Assurance (QA) Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Allocate available resources appropriately to ensure completion of the assigned work.Provide support to the QA team and escalate any relevant issues to the management team.
- Completing existing test plans and accurately recording their outcomes and performance.
- Creating new test plans when need to ensure the maximum possible test coverage.
- Work with the business analysts to ensure all submitted development and testing requirements meet the expected standards.
- Update existing process documentation and create new documentation where necessary.
- Work with the management team on improvements to the QA framework.
- Assist with the implementation of new workflow processes that impact the QA team.
- Communication with internal teams in relation to existing test plans and development requests.
- Keep the departmental work management system up to date with all relevant information requested by the Manager.
- Attending bi-yearly reviews with the Manager to be used as supporting evidence for individual reviews carried out by the Company.
- Have a good working knowledge of all products and test plans used by the Department.
- Helping identify processes that would significantly benefit from further development work and defining potential actions.
- Monitoring performance of the test plans, as well as assisting in planning of related improvements.
The role is a permanent position based in Brighton
Quality Assurance (QA) Team Lead Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of software QA methodologies and processes
- Excellent communication skills required to communicate objectives to team members as well as document and report test plans and processes
- Strong problem-solving ability
- A logical and methodical approach to managing workflow
- The ability to learn new process's and tools quickly and effectively
- A customer focused attitude and a commitment to delivering industry leading products
- Good knowledge of T-SQL
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience in airport operations
- Experience customer facing role
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
If you are interested in discussing further, please contact Rosie Bayliss at Planet Forward on (see below)
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website