FREELANCE: Senior (R) Programmer - Real World Data/Data Science
Observational Research & Data Science Analytics
#15473 | 12 month+ contract | London & Home based
James Carrera at Umbilical has partnered with an innovative Pharmaceutical client to source an SME in epidemiology/biostatistics, real-world data, and advanced modelling techniques to leverage clinical data using real-world data and analytics data resources.
As subject matter expert in the analysis of real-world data and other analytics data sources and implementation of advanced analytics techniques (eg machine learning) as well as;
- Producing high quality, replicable analysis of internal data assets.
- Building cross-functional real-world data & analytics capabilities.
- Develop the data science platform and data analytics infrastructure.
- Develop analysis plans for internal data generation requests using internal trial data sources and/or real-world data
- Assess real world data assets including data licenses and data platforms as well as appraising new analytic tools.
- Leading standardisation of data structure and analytics of in-house data and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of best practices and standards
- Managing conversion of real-world raw data to common data structure and maintenance of coding library/analytics templates to support observational research/real-world studies.
Educated to a PhD or MSc in health services research; epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, computer science, with a strong focus in the application of data science to healthcare data, as well as;
- 3 years' experience in pharma/biotech, consulting, or academic settings in Outcomes Research/Epidemiological Research/Health care industry/Data science
- Real-world data (both US and ex-US) commonly used in epidemiology/HEOR studies
- Statistical-, computational- and machine-learning methodologies
- Advanced programming capacity: Python/SAS/R/SQL. (R preferred)
- Knowledge of visualization software (Tableau, R Shiny, Python, Spotfire)
For a confidential discussion, contact James Carrera at Umbilical
Reference ID: 15473
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract