Technical Lead/Lead Developer - Data Platform & BI
Office Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex (currently work from home but must be based within a 45 minute commute of the office)
Ballard Chalmers is a Microsoft Gold Partner with 5 Gold Certifications - Cloud Platform, Data Platform, Application Development, Application Integration and Data Analytics - and is one of the UK's leading specialist consultancies for software engineering on the Microsoft Platform.
We focus on the development and integration of custom enterprise business applications along with DW and BI solutions for our clients, plus ongoing Support and DevOps for our systems.
Our technical focus is Microsoft Azure - Application Development, Modern Data Warehouse and Azure Integration Services.
We are seeking a hands-on Azure Modern Data Warehouse technical expert to lead in the design, coding & development of current & new projects for our clients specifically in the Data Platform and BI.
Overview of Role:
This is a client facing role and the candidates should be able to liaise with clients at all levels including carrying out: requirements gathering, solutions design, product reviews, change management and product delivery.
The successful candidate will have a BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline and a deep knowledge of Microsoft data platform and BI, and particularly the Modern Data Warehouse suite of technologies. This is a senior position, reporting directly to the CTO.
The following qualities are expected:
- Articulate and confident
- Able to discuss, present, explain and document detailed technical implementations and options and adjust to reflect audience who will range from extremely technical developers and architects to business users and board level stakeholders
- Able to balance alternate approaches against budgetary constraints in clear and pragmatic ways
- Able to drive, guide and support technical delivery resources and corresponding client contacts to ensure technical activities constantly clear and unblocked
Technical Skills Required:
Expert level experience in the following is required:
- SQL Server, SQL Azure and T-SQL. Managing large databases. Performance Tuning
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Azure Data Factory and knowledge of SSIS
- Azure Analysis Services
- SSRS/Paginated Reports
- Power BI
- Datwarehouse schema design including solid underanding of Kimball and Inmon
- ETL process design including optimistation using incremental loads
- Azure Data Lakes
- Apache Spark and Azure Databricks
Some exposure and knowledge in the following would be useful:
- Azure Synapse
At least 10 years Microsoft BI design and implementation experience is required.
Job Type: Contract
Rate: Dependent on experience
Strictly NO recruitment agencies