Cloud Platform Lead - DevOps, Azure Infrastructure, AWS
Cloud Platform Development Lead - DevOps
Azure, AWS and GCP, Terraform & ARM, Ansible & Azure DSC (Desired State Configuration), Bash & PowerShell Scripting, Azure DevOps, Jira & GitHub Enterprise, Kubernetes & Docker, Infrastructure Automation, Containers, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud, Scrum Master, Agile, Pair Coding and Test Based Development.
??65,000pa to ??75,00pa+ Excellent Benefits
Birmingham, Solihull, West Midlands
FTSE 250 Total IT Solutions Provider with their heart in the Birmingham area urgently require a focused, professional client facing DevOps - Cloud Platform Development Lead who has the desire to offer elevate and position themselves toward the upper echelon of technical services and solutions.
Ideally, you will have earned your stripes in the DevOps arena and earned impressive battle scars in a Cloud Platform post and now as part of your natural progression be heading towards a "Lead Cloud Development role".
Key day to day responsibilities:
- You will be Take the lead in defining & implementing our strategy for Infrastructure as Code and toolsets to enable our developers to adopt more agile software development practices.
- You will incorporate and enable teams to consume the latest DevOps and Agile practices.
- You will have continuous evolvement and selection of development tools for cloud-based platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- You will work with Development Teams to improve use of DevOps Tools and ways of working to enable more rapid prototyping and development.
- You will Coach, Mentor, Advise, Guide and Technically Govern Infrastructure Teams as they transition to Infrastructure as Code and DSC - Desired State Configuration.
Key skills you will require:
- Proven experience in delivering Infrastructure as Code on Azure and AWS.
- Proven experience in managing and delivering into Unix and Windows based environments.
- Applications deployment of cloud (AWS or Azure) technologies including PaaS and containerization.
- Proven CI/CD and Agile background with a solid understanding and experience of the Software Development Lifecycle, testing methodologies and development techniques.
- Strong hands on technical skills enabling the design of delivery pipelines and support other teams along the transformation journey.
Required Technical Skills:
- Azure, AWS and GCP
- Terraform & ARM
- Ansible & Azure DSC
- Bash & PowerShell Scripts
- Azure DevOps, Jira & GitHub Enterprise
- DSC - Desired State Config
- Infrastructure Automation
- Google Cloud
- Scrum Master
- Pair Coding
- Test Based Development
The successful candidate will secure a role with a forward thinking, dynamic, IT focused global organisation. In return you will receive an excellent salary and benefits package.