Technical Lead position available in either our Manchester or Cambridge offices
Our Development Solutions Group (DSG) produces market-leading development tools, including compiler tool-chains, simulation models, debuggers and performance analysers.
We are looking for Technical Lead to join a new team responsible for developing common modules and applications used across our tool portfolio, in such areas as software license compliance, usage analytics or package management, all silently contributing to a better customer experience.
The majority of the code will be primarily written in C/C++, with a particular focus on portability across operating systems, as well as in Java and the occasional Scripting language. All initiatives are just starting or restarting, so it's an ideal time to come on-board and shape things up!
As Technical Lead, you will be very experienced in C++ and software engineering in general. You will ideally have prior leadership responsibilities and be ready to mentor junior developers.
This position is to be filled in either our Cambridge head office or our Manchester office, both of which host numerous teams from across our company.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following essential attributes:
- Expertise in C and C++
- Meaningful experience in developing cross-platform software (Windows, Linux, macOS)
- Solid understanding of Java
- Ability or desire to lead a software team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion for good design and great code!
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of our company and represent the essence of our organisation. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of our culture:
Passion for Progress - Innovation that enables our ecosystems and our people to thrive.
Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of our progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I - Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across the company; share information with those who need it. Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self - Skilful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of our goals.
If this sounds like a role you could see yourself doing then why not apply today!