Network Engineer - Contract Opportunity - DV Clearance
Role and responsibilities:
This position will have overall responsibility for engineering (design & build) and day-to-day support of the Wide Area Network, Local Area Network and NW Security. Will be responsible to troubleshoot and resolve network and security problems. Have the ability to quickly identify and resolve problems stemming from network congestion, network collisions and other network abnormalities. Will be required to monitor, meet and report on Service Level Agreements. Implement and Manage network policies and standards.
You will work in a small, multi-skilled team across a range of technical products to build the system. You will be responsible for operating the system in a service management regime, and for ongoing continuous improvement and technical refresh projects. You will have significant experience of integrating secure systems, of problem resolution. You will be able to lead design discussions with the customer and security assurance.
Project: Provision of cloud infrastructure, and integration with the client.
Team: Brand new team reporting to technical Program Manager.
- Bachelor's or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Electronical Engineering or equivalent experience is required
- Network related certifications (preferred Cisco CCNA or CCNP level). Other well-known vendors are also acceptable
- Minimum three-year experience with network (LAN/WAN/Security) installation, administration and support
- LAN/WAN solutions (VLANS, STP, routing protocols, link-aggregation, QoS, 802.1x)
- NGFW Firewalls (including configuration of FW rules/translation/IPSec tunnels/VPN clients/web-filtering features)
- IPS and vulnerabilities management systems
- Load-balancing based on hardware devices
- Familiar with TCP/IP and related protocols such as DHCP, WINS, DNS, SMTP, POP3, and SNMP which helps in troubleshooting complex problems
- Experience in Windows server and client operating systems
- Experience of build and operation of highly secure infrastructure systems
- Experience of taking systems through security test and applying remediation(s)
- Understanding of Lean-Agile methods and DevOps working practices
- MS Office skills eg Excel, Word and Project, Visio
- Experience with Cisco, Switches and Routers and Firewalls, however other network equipment vendors favourable.
- Microsoft certification.
- Experience of VMWare Cloud and hyperconverged infrastructure
- Experience of Microsoft Identity Manager or similar privilege management products
- Technology refresh projects for Windows/VMware environments.
- Experience of using and building continuous integration and automation pipelines, including Jira, Ansible and similar tools
- Experience of managing Linux Servers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong team player, capable of working as part of a virtual and logical team and independently as circumstances dictate
This role will still be on a Monday to Friday shift pattern 0700 - 1900, after covid-19 restrictions are lifted.