Network Architect Hook - DV Clearance Required
Role and responsibilities:
This position will have overall responsibility for architecture, engineering and design of Local Area Network and NW Security. Will be responsible to achieve network architecture, design and NW security approval through Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR) governance gates, where they will be able to lead design discussions with the customer and security assurance.
Will work and coordinate with network engineers to ensure the network is built and commissioned in accordance with approved designs and security. Have the ability to quickly identify and resolve problems stemming from network congestion, network collisions and other network abnormalities.
The network architecture will also be expected to work in a small, multi-skilled team, where they will coordinate, with the Network Project Manager, the successful implementation and commission of the network design, which will also be fully tested to operational correctness and validated against security requirements.
Project: Provision of cloud infrastructure, and integration with the client.
Team: Brand new team reporting to technical Program Manager.
- Bachelor's or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Electronical Engineering or equivalent experience is required
- Network related certifications (preferred Cisco CCNA or CCNP level). Other well-known vendors are also acceptable
- Minimum three-year experience with network (LAN/WAN/Security) installation, administration and support
- LAN/WAN solutions (VLANS, STP, routing protocols, link-aggregation, QoS, 802.1x)
- NGFW Firewalls (including configuration of FW rules/translation/IPsec tunnels/VPN clients/web-filtering features)
- IPS and vulnerabilities management systems
- Load-balancing based on hardware devices
- Familiar with TCP/IP and related protocols such as DHCP, WINS, DNS, SMTP, POP3, and SNMP which helps in troubleshooting complex problems
- Experience with Cisco, Switches and Routers and Firewalls, however other network equipment vendors favourable.
- Experience in Windows server and client operating systems
- Experience of build and operation of highly secure infrastructure systems
- Experience of taking systems through security test and applying remediation(s)
- Ability to learn new technology skills
- Understanding of Lean-Agile methods and DevOps working practices
- MS Office skills eg Excel, Word and Project, Visio
- Experience of VMWare Cloud and hyperconverged infrastructure
- Experience of Microsoft Identity Manager or similar privilege management products
- Technology refresh projects for Windows/VMware environments.
- Experience of using and building continuous integration and automation pipelines, including Jira, Ansible and similar tools
- Experience of managing Linux Servers
- Microsoft certification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong team player, capable of working as part of a virtual and logical team and independently as circumstances dictate
This role will still be on a Monday to Friday shift pattern 0700 - 1900, after covid-19 restrictions are lifted.