Wintel Engineer - DV Cleared
SC Clearance required: Current and valid DV clearance
The client will implement an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering that commissions a secure Managed Private Cloud (MPC) at the Client's preferred delivery location (9-month build), followed by lift and shift re-hosting of the client's existing workloads to the new environment (6-month migration) and then operations for the 3 year term.
As a Wintel Engineer focussing on secure infrastructure, you will be responsible for design, build and operation of server and client components of the secure infrastructure and for assisting third-party software providers to integrate their products into the system. You will work in a small, multi-skilled team across a range of technical products to build the system. You will be responsible for operating the system in a service management regime, and for ongoing continuous improvement and technical refresh projects.
This Cloud Engineer will be required to move site locations during this contract. All locations are in Thames Valley region (Farnborough/Aldershot and along the M3 Motorway) in the UK.
Project: Provision of cloud infrastructure, and integration with the client.
Team: Brand new team reporting to technical Program Manager.
Hours : 24 x7 callout cover on rota basis. FixDaily.
This role will be on a Monday to Friday shift pattern 0700 - 1900, after covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Experience in Windows server and client operating systems
- Experience of build and operation of highly secure infrastructure systems
- Experience of developing secure software installation packages
- Strong understanding of using Active Directory and Group Policy in secure infrastructure systems
- Ability to learn new technology skills
- Experience of VMWare Cloud and hyperconverged infrastructure
- Understanding of Lean-Agile methods and DevOps working practices
- Experience in system and data backup and executing recovery using third party applications/appliances.
- Technology refresh projects for Windows/VMware environments.
- Experience of using and building continuous integration and automation pipelines
- Experience of managing Linux Servers
- Microsoft certification.
- MS Office skills eg Excel, Word and Project, Visio
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong team player, capable of working as part of a virtual and logical team and independently as circumstances dictate
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)/other VMWare Qualifications