Junior Software Developer/Engineer
Junior Software Developer/Engineer
??22,500 per annum
Corby (Home-based during COVID)
Our client works with business and education to inspire people to unleash their potential and become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders. In fact, they have more than 60,000 people training to be better leaders right now across their partnership network in the UK and internationally.
Their thought leadership, research, events and online resources provide practical insight about critical issues for its 100,000 plus members and any professional looking to improve their results; create diverse high-performing teams and nurture the next generation of managers and leaders.
They have a number of exciting vacancies for Junior Software Developers/Engineers to support their tech team with integrating new services (applications and infrastructure) into their existing portfolio, modernising Legacy platforms and enabling their move to the cloud. The role collaborates closely with both tech and business colleagues across a variety of requirements & workstreams.
- Scoping & creating integrated solutions as part of a focused delivery team operating Scrum.
- Interacting with colleagues, stakeholders and vendors across various projects & work streams.
- To grow your own and your colleagues' understanding of their processes, systems & architecture.
Who they are looking for:
- Demonstrable understanding of core computing & programming concepts
- No experience is required. Training will be provided on the job. An educational background in a computing-related subject or previous personal and/or commercial experience is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and driving business outcomes
- Excellent analytical & team working skills
- Someone who will live their values, professional, passionate, progressive and practical
- A can-do attitude
- Calm and able to cope with changing priorities
- Confident to ask questions - over the phone, email or face to face (as necessary)
- Good time management skills
You will not only be joining a dynamic and ambitious organisation, working for this company means collaborating and sharing a passion for their mission. They know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives.
They are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer offering an engaging, flexible and
collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development. Not forgetting their dog friendly offices!
Some of their competitive benefits include 32 1/2 days' holiday, flexible approach
to working, membership, healthcare cash plan and stakeholder pension scheme to name a few!
Their Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People, awarded in 2020, shows just how passionate they are about creating a supportive and inclusive space for everyone!
As part of their recruitment process, they will share information relevant to your application, including your name, current role, CV and other data you may have provided them with, with internal hiring managers. They will use this data for the purpose of recruitment only. They may also access your publically available profiles (eg Linkedin) to support your application.
Once the vacancy has been filled, your data will be retained for 4 weeks, after which your data will be destroyed, unless we contact you to request otherwise. By submitting an application for a vacancy with this company you are agreeing for your data to be shared in this way.
They reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should they receive a high number of suitable applicants.
Closing date: 6th November 2020