Systems Development Project Manager
My client is entering a major Brexit related systems change project and require a systems development project manager to deliver major systems development/integration and design projects
What the Project Manager will do:
Lead projects, planning effort, including the formulation of the overall design, build and test effort, integration with Legacy and inflight system projects working in conjunction with other teams.
Lead product roadmap planning
* Leads the development of effective plans for controlling project scope, schedule and cost baseline, and monitors the project execution to ensure that the plan is being followed.
* Controls all documentation to explain changes to the baseline, and ensures the approved changes are implemented.
* Monitors change control logs of all submitted change requests and their status.
* Ensures delivery of project artefacts and documentation
* Project Communications & Stakeholder Management:
* Working with the Management to develop an effective plan for communicating project information to the stakeholders.
* Resolves or escalates project issues. Communicates status of the work stream to management, other work streams and wider programme areas such as design, change and transition.
Project Risk and Issue Management:
* Leads the definition of Delivery risks, and the required mitigation approaches. Monitors work stream activities for the occurrence of risks and takes timely action to mitigate the risk
* Advises project team members, stakeholders and senior management of actions required or completed.
* Resolves problems by analysing issues, discerning the most appropriate courses of actions, providing tactical direction and when necessary, reallocating resources
* To manage project teams comprised, ensuring that team members are adequately educated and performing at the required level. Selects, develops, and motivates assigned staff
Budgetary & Cost Control:
* Maintains clear and transparent cost control across all areas of the project, providing regular forecast/spend against budget projection
* Full system development and implementation life cycle; from inception, design, build & test to a live fully supported system, accepted by the business stakeholder.
* Responding to user queries and issues that will occur in Production.
- Strong background in managing and delivering full life cycle software development projects (Design -Development -test -release and go live)
- Experience leading a development team (on and offshore)
- Experience working on web and mobile products
- Ability to work with, and manage, clients, designers, developers, sales staff, and stakeholders.
- Highly desirable is experience delivering projects in the travel and tourism sector
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.