Data Warehouse Architect
Job Role: Data Warehouse Architect
Daily Rate: up to ??550 per day
The Data Warehouse AWS Designer/Architect plays a prominent role in the adoption of the Customers Data Platform (CDP) across the Customers business. Working as part of the Sales and marketing Data Services project the Data Warehouse AWS Designer/Architect will collaborate closely with the ETL developers in the platform and the BI community in the wider business to provide best-practise advice for designing and implementing the dimensional layer of the data warehouse, ensuring all designs and ETL work is delivered to these standards. The role holder will deliver dimensional modelling and support business people in developing their own Datamodelling skills and knowledge.
- Define best-practice ETL design principles to build dimensional data models for the Data warehouse.
- Deliver the dimensional models and facts as required such that data can be delivered into business stakeholders for insight and processing.
- Assure the design and delivery of ETL transformations to ensure they are aligned with the best-practise design principles and the end-to-end business requirements.
- Ensure all changes consider legal and regulatory requirements
Your skills will include:
- Datamodelling - logical, dimensional and fact based.
- Ability to support business stakeholders in developing their own dimensional modelling skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of ETL tools, BI tools, semantic layers, data warehouse concepts (dimensions, facts, star schemas etc) and cloud-based data warehouses.
- Experience of defining design principles for data warehouse reporting solutions including skills in the design of Kimball data warehouse
- Good skills and expertise of AWS architecture and No-SQL for AWS Redshift.
- Experience of working on shared BI platforms
- Strong energy industry knowledge, with an interest and understanding of the trends and direction of the UK Utilities marketplace and EDF Energy's position in this marketplace.
- Knowledge of the key business information systems employed within EDF Energy and an ability to clarify future enhancements.
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem