Department Manager (Engineering Maintenance)
About The Role
Our Department Managers know how to work at pace and regardless of which department they work in they all have the same goal - to deliver great food to our customers. As Department Manager - Engineering, it's your job to ensure the Engineering team are meeting the demands of our busy factory's and minimising downtime on machinery. It's fast and ever-changing - are you up for the challenge?
Reporting into the Site Engineering Manager you would also be responsible for:
- Plan & prioritise work to minimise machinery downtime & ensure maximum use of resources.
- Lead and support the Morrisons asset care programme and demonstrate its behaviours and have a hands on approach to repair and optimise the reliability of all equipment assets.
- Co-ordinate maintenance priorities with the Maintenance team and ensure this is planned in advance to avoid production disruption and working closely with the site production team.
- Undertake Crisis Incident Management, Accident and Near Miss investigations and ensure standards of discipline are maintained, handling infringements in line with company discipline & grievance procedures.
- Ensuring the reliability of all equipment assets.
This role will work on a the following shift pattern - 5 over 7 - Monday - Friday 9 hour shifts with the occasional weekend work (subject to business requirements)
About our Wakefield bakery site:
The Rathbones team at our bakery in Wakefield supplies everything from hot cross buns and seeded loaves to delicious orange and cranberry muffins.
At our 28,000 square foot bakery, we produce 47 different bakery products. Bread. Muffins. Rolls. Crumpets. Pancakes. Naan. Pitta breads. Frozen products for our store bakeries. And of course, the famous Rathbones Toastie. Here, our 340-strong team keeps our production lines running 24/7, so our customers can always enjoy their daily bread.
As well as tons of resilience you must have:
- NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical engineering, BTEC level 3 in mechanical & electrical/electronic engineering)
- A proven track record in an engineering and fault finding role gained from a FMCG environment (ideally the food industry).
- A proven track record of delivering strong results through a team in a people management role.
- A good understanding of HACCP principles and ideally IEE qualification up to 17th edition wiring regulations would be advantageous. Strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage motivate and develop large teams with varying skill sets.
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK's 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK with up to 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons...... click apply for full job details