Location: Oxford OX1 1XX (staff are working remotely during lockdown)
Salary: GBP24,000, with a 6-month probationary period
Contract: Full time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
At Global Water Intelligence (GWI), we have made a business out of providing the information that helps businesses solve the world's water problems. We publish market-leading magazines, databases and reports on the international water industry, and when business is running as usual, we host a series of events that attract delegates at the highest and most expert level of their profession.
Though the concept of 'business as usual' has seemed distant in 2020, the upheavals experienced this year have reminded us of the importance of GWI's core values - in particular, that we are transformative. Our staff continue to transform how we do business, and we are now looking for someone bright, creative and committed to help take our operations to the next level.
As an Operations Assistant, you will get to grips with how different teams work at GWI to help define and embed processes, deliver projects that move us forward, and contribute to the smooth running of operations. In return, we can offer you the support of a friendly Oxford-based team, and though we are currently working remotely during lockdown, we remain a close-knit group in which autonomy, creativity and new ideas are welcome. As part of our team, you will be encouraged to grow and develop within the company.
The Operations Assistant will report to our Operations Director, and due to the nature of this role will support a range of teams. Typical work activities will include:
- Capturing processes: Day-to-day, numerous processes are carried out across the business. For consistent delivery, we need to define these actions and build a central resource of knowledge that supports staff and helps them to succeed. You will work with team members to understand how different aspects of our business work, map out processes and think creatively about what improvements could be made to workflows.
- Supporting Production: Our Production team publishes high-quality content across our publications and websites. You will work with the team to understand the production process from start to finish and provide support on various tasks, including: preparing weekly briefings and monthly newsletters, uploading content to websites, and designing templates for a more structured way of working.
- Coordinating recruitment: Our people are the key to our success. As part of your role, you will support staff with their recruitment needs, including advertising job vacancies, reviewing applications, and maintaining clear communication throughout.
- Assisting with HR duties: To help our business and our people thrive, you will support our HR Manager with tasks such as organising the employee onboarding process, maintaining our employee handbook and contracts, and scheduling performance reviews.
- Delivering projects: As GWI grows, there is more and more need for organised and empathetic communicators who can get great people to work together and see opportunities to do things better. If you are excited by the prospect of being involved in varied projects and learning how our business works, and are prepared to take ownership of what you do, we would love to help you see how you can make a difference here.
If you are a recent graduate that has a positive attitude and a desire to learn, as well as a flexible approach to work, we would like to hear from you.
The following qualities would be desirable:
- A problem-solving attitude, and a willingness to tackle different challenges and learn on the job.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail, taking pride in a high-quality end-product.
- The ability to work well in a team and adapt to different challenges.
- Time management skills and the ability to balance multiple ongoing projects.
GWI is an ambitious company with around 70 employees spread between Oxford, Austin (Texas) and Shanghai. Our unique corporate culture can be summed up as follows:
- We are global: Our market is totally international and we need to reflect that. We travel a lot and around 40% of our staff don't come from the UK.
- We work for each other: We do work hard, but not out of fear or greed. It is because we care for each other and it lightens the load of everyone if we all pull together.
- We balance the commercial with the idealistic: We are passionately committed to addressing the world's water challenges, but we can only do what we do because we are a profitable business.
GWI staff are enrolled on a company pension plan and receive 25 days of holiday per year. When travel is allowed, there will be opportunities for you to attend relevant courses and conferences that help you to develop in your role, and to attend our Global Water Summit (held in different cities across the world each year).
Please click on "APPLY" today and submit a CV and covering letter explaining in fewer than 200 words why you are applying for the job and what you think you can contribute to us that would make a real difference.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to offer feedback on any applications not carried through to the interview stage.
The closing date for applications is 12 November 2020.
No agencies please...... click apply for full job details