Senior Software Developer Manchester
Sporty is a mobile Internet company with a focus on emerging markets. Our integrated sports media, betting, gaming and social platform serves a huge userbase across numerous countries. We have a talented and proven team of 200+ people comprised of 50+ tech staff and 150+ product, operations and support, and are looking to expand our tech team count to 100+ people as we look to drive further geographical expansion, whilst iterating on our offering with a user-driven development approach.
We are hiring Software Developers (Backend) at the senior, lead, and principal levels.
- Backend: Java/Spring Boot (must)
- Frontend: VueJs, Webpack, FreeMarker, Element UI
- DB: MySQL (plus), Oracle, Aurora (plus), Redis (plus)
- MQ: RocketMQ (Plus), RabbitMQ (Plus)
- DevOps: AWS, Drone CI, K8S, Rancher, Jenkins
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Flash bonuses
- Top-of-the-line equipment
- Pick your own working hours (We are at GMT+8, and 2 hours overlap is required.)
- 20-days paid leave
- Referral program
- Education allowance (conferences, books, training courses, Udemy, Coursera, etc.)
- Annual company trips (eg next year Koh Samui, Thailand)
- Small enough to allow you to have a big impact
- Large enough to provide structure and clarity
- Highly-talented, dependable co-workers
- Global, multi-cultural organization
- Develop highly-scalable mobile Internet backends for millions of users
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate
- Respond to support calls for applications in production in order to make quick diagnosis and repair to keep things running smoothly for users
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor less experienced technical staff
We heavily utilize Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and iBATIS, so experience in these are mandatory, for other tech stacks are optional. We are looking for candidates who are able to work as independent as possible.
- Strong experience with highly-scalable web backends
- Deep understanding of Microservices
- Great communication skill
- Proficient with SQL
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
- Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in modern behavior-driven testing techniques.