Asset Management and Property Services
This position will be predominantly home based for the foreseeable future, remotely servicing our clients estate management requirements throughout County Durham and involving travel there for inspections and meetings as and when required. Once our client's office re-opens a significant presence in their Durham based office will then be required.
Full time, permanent.
Salary: GBP35,000.00 - GBP45,000.00 per year
We are seeking to recruit a Estates Surveyor for our busy Asset Management and Property Services team.
If you are an energetic, motivated and proactive individual seeking new challenges and want to be part of a successful team in an exciting environment then we would like to hear from you.
You will be an essential part of a very busy and professional team who have a record of consistently meeting and exceeding their targets and who have the passion and determination to improve their service continually.
Candidates should be qualified and be equipped with suitable experience to manage a diverse property portfolio and project workload. Candidates should be proficient in the use of a range of software for asset management and estates and be able to provide landlord, tenant and valuation advice to make best use of all our Clients property assets
The successful candidate will be a key team member in ensuring an efficient and cost effective corporate estate, which makes best use of and extracts optimum value for our clients and their stakeholders. In addition, a key part of the role will be to grow the current core business and develop our client base through the support of our business development team.
The job will involve liaising with surveyors, tenants, contractors and a variety of departments within the company.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- General Practice Surveyor RICS qualified
- Project and Financial management
- Full driving licence
- Experience of undertaking Lease Renewals, Rent Reviews and Valuations of commercial premises.
- A commercial approach with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strategic and property procurement strategy
- Ability to negotiate lease terms, and undertake rental, leasehold and freehold valuations.
- Management of approaching Rent Reviews and Lease Renewals. Reading leases, analysing market evidence and undertaking measurements and valuations. Tactically serving notices and negotiating terms with surveyors.
- Communicating with internal departments, instructing legal and accounts teams to document new terms and update the company records. Filing all correspondence
- Marketing and Disposal
- CPO Procedures
- Rating support services and appeals
- Development consultancy in particular for Housing
- Wayleaves and easements
- New lease negotiations
- Negotiating the release of restrictive covenants
- Negotiating lease extensions...... click apply for full job details