Cathcart Energy are currently recruiting for an Innovation Manager to be located within the Marine Energy Engineering Centre of Excellence.
The Marine Energy Engineering Centre of Excellence (MEECE) is a multi-million-pound collaboration with the Welsh universities, funded by the Welsh European Funding Office.
Based at Pembroke Dock, the Centre delivers research, development and demonstration activities to support innovation in the Welsh supply chain, accelerating the commercialisation of the wave, tidal and offshore wind sectors by reducing the cost of energy.
As Innovation Manager you will support our engagement with Welsh Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs), exploring with them the opportunity for MEECE to deliver innovation projects on their behalf, allowing them to develop innovations that they may not be currently able to resource.
These innovation projects may involve, design, specification, construction and testing of components, subassemblies, small prototypes and full products for the marine energy sector.
You will have the experience to judge whether their requirements can be met by the capabilities of the team.
Acting in an 'account management' capacity, the Innovation Manager will have oversight of each project engagement with SMEs, ensuring that such projects are kept on target and to budget, highlighting any issues to the Programme Manager in a timely fashion.
The composition of our work varies over time and requires you to be adaptable, resourceful, and willing to contribute to a range of activities beyond their specific areas of expertise and discipline.
You will be accustomed to working at pace with accuracy.
To succeed in the role the Innovation Manager will have the following attributes:
- A degree or equivalent in a science, engineering or another relevant discipline.
- An understanding of innovation and the barriers that SMEs face in being successful innovators.
- Understanding of innovation funding programmes.
- Understanding the challenges of SME growth.
- Experience of developing projects with multiple participants.
- Experience of working with or in SMEs.
- Innovative and creative thinking and the ability to articulate this thinking.
- Good networking and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills for internal and external publication.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Flexible and adaptable.
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity. Call James Mcnair at Cathcart Energy in Edinburgh.