Accounts and Audit Senior
Accounts and Audit Senior The firm
A fantastic opportunity for a qualified chartered accountant with drive and enthusiasm to join a team that is dedicated to helping clients achieve their personal and business objectives.
Townends is a long established Yorkshire firm that specialises in providing everything that the owner managed business needs. We have a full range of services aimed at such businesses, including Wealth Management and Insurance Brokers.
Our approach using the ‘Townends Philosophy’ gives us a significant competitive advantage and is central to everything we do. Our style is to take a positive lead and it is not in our nature to simply produce accounts and answer questions when asked.
We are not just your ‘typical’ firm of accountants. Our partners are:
- Strategic thinkers
- Solution providers
- True business advisers and developers
- Fantastic mentors
This is a senior full time role in the corporate department based in Goole, reporting directly to a partner. The work primarily involves the delivery of a wide range of timely, high quality accounts, audit and tax compliance assignments for clients with turnover ranging from £1million to £100million
Whilst the focus is on compliance, there are also many opportunities to significantly expand the range and breadth of experience through direct engagement with clients, attending meetings, adhoc projects and working as part of a team to deliver proactive service. No two days are the same. Participation in networking events will also assist in building on your business developer skills.
What you need to bring to us
- At least two years statutory audit experience at manager level gained in an accounting practice
- Experience of applying the requirements of FRS 102
- Sound IT skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of mainstream accountancy packages, such as Sage, and cloud accounting systems such as Xero and Quickbooks
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of supervising and reviewing the work of junior staff
- Excellent ‘soft’ skills including written and spoken communications
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Clean driving licence and use of own vehicle
What we can offer you
- A massive opportunity for progression for those who can deliver
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Modern and friendly working environment
- Convenient office location with easily accessible and free car parking nearby
- Bonus and commissions schemes
Interested? Click apply now!
Vacancy: Accounts and Audit Senior
Location: Goole, East Yorkshire
Contract Type: Permanent