An experienced and qualified secretary is being sought to undertake the role of Committee Secretary at the British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT). This is an existing role that has become available following a retirement.
Reporting to the Manager, Membership and Registration, duties will include organising meetings, minute taking and providing general secretariat/administrative support to various committees and groups within the Institute.
Key responsibilities for the Committee Secretary based in Northampton:
- To organise BINDT meetings (in conjunction with the President, the CEO and others):
- Book and prepare rooms.
- Timely creation and distribution of agendas.
- Timely distribution of documents before, at and after the meetings.
- Timely creation and distribution of concise and accurate minutes.
- Arranging catering with individuals’ dietary needs taken into consideration.
- To organise committee and working group meetings and committee AGMs (with various Chairs and staff members).
- To assist in the management of information (hard copies and computer records).
- To maintain up-to-date and accurate committee lists.
- Keep the Institute’s year planner up-to-date.
- Control and safely store/save various other relevant documents.
- Other tasks commensurate with the role (for example assist with travel/accommodation arrangements and other administrative tasks).
- Where possible and when required, to provide cover in the Support Services
- Department and assist with the duties carried out by this Department.
Keys skills / experience of the role of Committee Secretary:
The British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing are looking for an experienced secretary/administrator and minute taker with the ability to work effectively with senior managers, senior officers and the Chairs of a number of committees. Experience of working in a similar secretarial/administrative role is essential, and if this experience has been gained within a UK registered charity then this will be advantageous.
You’ll also hold demonstrable qualities of prioritisation, discretion and integrity. To succeed in this role you’ll need excellent communication skills, be computer literate with the ability to work effectively with senior managers. Shorthand writing skills would be advantageous but not essential.
Interested? Click apply now!
Vacancy: Committee Secretary
Salary: £16,396 to £25,679
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time – 35 hours per week ((5 days per week, 7 hours per day but start and finish times may be negotiable)