Sales Manager / Sales Engineer
Salary circa: ??45,000 pa
We are a successful Engineering and Manufacturing business that designs, builds and installs Capital Equipment used by the Food Manufacturing industry around the World. We have an opening for a Sales Engineer / Manager to work Monday to Friday Days (2pm Finish on Friday) and report to a Director. The individual appointed will take responsibility for customer development and generation of profitable sales with both new and existing customers.
The Sales Manager / Engineer will spend 2 days per week visiting customers across the UK with 3 days spent on site, working with the Engineering project teams, Commercial team and Manufacturing. There will also be the opportunity to visit Customers and Agents Globally in places like America, South Africa, Far East, Europe. There are likely to be 8 - 10 Overseas business trips per year.
With passion for sales and an enthusiastic approach, the Sales Manager / Engineer will liaise with customers on a Global level and professionally handle incoming email and telephone enquiries. They will maintain strong relationships with existing customers and look to convert previous machinery customers that may have sourced machines through alternative suppliers. The Sales Manager / Engineer will also be targeted on the conversion of new customers as there is massive untapped sales opportunity to develop business with new customers in multiple territories.
There is an expectation that after a number of years the individual appointed will develop into the Sales Director for the business, and in readiness for this, the Sales Manager / Engineer will get involved with operational meetings at Board level, where they will be expected to contribute Commercial information and discuss how sales strategies implemented are progressing across various global markets.
Duties will include:
- Taking ownership of all aspects of the customers sales enquiry, whether it will be relating to price negotiation, contract, technical issues, delivery dates, installation.
- Preparing quotes and specifications for customers to agreed timeframes and following up on those quotations to convert them to confirmed sales orders.
- Referencing machinery manuals and referring to schematic drawings to specify, detail and sell the machines to meet the needs of the customer.
- Providing accurately defined projects, fully costed to produce the expected profit margin for the business.
- Ensuring any proposed delivery dates are realistic and can be met by the business.
- Keeping internal databases updated with the latest sales and customer information and be aware of the activities of competitors.
We are seeking applications from individuals with an understanding of the Food, Confectionery, Bakery or Ingredients sectors combined with determination, drive and tenacity to follow the sales process through from enquiry to confirmed order. This is a genuine opportunity to progress your career with a progressive profitable business and a leader in their field, who can offer a clear pathway to Sales Director level for the right person.
We are offering an attractive Salary of circa ??45,000 pa, generous Car Allowance or Company Car, 20% Bonus, attractive Pension, Subsidised Canteen, 25 Days Holiday, Bank Holidays, Relocation Assistance.